Mother Earth Brewing Co.
Location: Kinston, NC
EST.: Summer of 2008
- Dream-child of Stephen Hill and Trent Mooring. Mooring is Hill’s Son-In-Law, married to his daughter.
- While listening to some of Hill’s rock ‘n roll music, they came across an old Nitty Gritty rock song, “Mother Earth”.
- Staying true to their name, they selected an old, uncared-for brick structure and were able to reuse 95% of the original brick, wood and steel from the structure in the construction process. From top to bottom of the brewery, Mother Earth keeps a green thumb.
- In 2013, after a 9-month long investigation, the United States Green Building Council awarded Mother Earth Brewing a Gold certification in the LEED program.
“We thought, wouldn’t it be great to make a product that has roots in the land”
Location: Raleigh, NC
- Founded by Kristie Nystedt, who is the first woman to own a brewery in the state of North Carolina.
- Raleigh Brewing’s mission is to embrace the City of Oaks (Raleigh) with every beer brewed, with murals of the capital city on the taproom, to the names of the beers.
- Raleigh Brewing is a sister company to Atlantic Brew Supply and ABS Commercial.
- Raleigh Brewing is currently operating on a 20bbl and 3bbl brew house, has a taproom with 32 taps flowing 7 days a week.
Ponysaurus Brewing Co.
Location: Durham, NC
- Ponysaurus was started in an attic above the entrance to The Cookery in Durham, NC where they would access it through a scissor lift.
- In just 3 short years, they have gone from brewing in an attic to being called “Next Level Brewery” by Food & Wine, and brewing what thrillist.com calls “the best pint in Durham, and one of the 50 most underrated breweries in America.”
- Ponysaurus thought they could make great beers for people who take beer seriously, and not much else.
- Top Beer: Biere De Garde
“The beer beer would drink if beer could drink beer”
Location: Durham, NC
- Fullsteam’s mission is to create distinctly Southern beer that celebrates the farm and food traditions of the American south.
- Sean Wilson, founder of Fullsteam, help start a campaign named “Pop the Cap’ in 2003, which changed N.C.’s ABV from 6% to 15 % in August 2005, which than led him to starting his own brewery.
Location: Raleigh, NC
- The story of Bhavana began in December 2013 when Patrick came to dinner at Bida Manda, our sister Laotian restaurant next door. He and his wife, Aubrey, had recently finished their time in the Peace Corps by traveling through Laos and much of Southeast Asia. On a short visit with his parents in Raleigh, Patrick was surprised to find a Laotian restaurant, so he booked a table, pulled us aside, and excitedly shared a few pictures from Luang Prabang, where we grew up. Delighted with the serendipity of that night, we exchanged phone numbers and kept in touch. Little did we know that the brief encounter would turn into a remarkable journey toward Bhavana.
- Patrick was an insatiable homebrewer. We started dreaming together about a small craft brewery, one that would emphasize grace, nuance, intention and the sort of generous hospitality we long to experience at beer bars. In Patrick’s beers, so elegant and subtle, you can taste the hand of the maker. Each one feels like getting to know him. What food could we possibly pair with those beers? And what design? Where else was the hand of the maker so intimately and earnestly felt?
- The more we dreamt, the bigger our dreams became. We wanted Deana’s flowers and Monica’s books, Jordan’s cocktails and our favorite Dim Sum cuisine. We carefully curated each ingredient and offering. We poured ourselves into the smallest spaces, choosing every light bulb, every tabletop and chair so that each tangible part of 218 Blount Street became a loving frame for their makers and their art.
“It is our hope that Bhavana becomes a living room for the people we love to create, collaborate, and dream. Perhaps our walls will offer you the same reprieve.”
Tarboro Brewing Company
Location: Tarboro, NC
- It all started when…Stephen and Inez met in New York City in June of 2000. They moved to Tarboro in October of 2002 to open On the Square Restaurant and Wine Store.
- In Summer of 2008, they bought the existing building on 526 North Main Street (home of Tarboro Brewing Company) because they fell in love with the property and the location. It had been a longtime dream to begin a brewery, but it had been an even longer dream to make Tarboro a destination town for people of all ages and backgrounds. They felt that TBC could be yet another business to synergize downtown Tarboro and attract more people and businesses.
- It wasn’t long before they found Franklin Winslow, Director of Quality Assurance a.k.a. Head Beer Slammer at Yards Brewing in Philadelphia and fellow Tarboro native to become a partner and consult on all of the recipes. With the help of many investors and lots of local support, the TBC dream became a reality February 2016 when they tapped their first beer.
- The taproom opening followed in June, and since then, the beer hasn’t stopped flowing.
D9 Brewing Co.
Location: Cornelius, NC
- D9 Brewing Company, in Lake Norman, N.C., was started by two engineers and a doctor, with a mission to inspire and support community through the creation of exciting and original crafted ales.
- Since their inception in late 2014, they have invested in the scientific exploration of the natural world to produce the highest quality, and unquestionably original, crafted ales.
- With the launch of Taming Wild Beasts® in 2017, D9 Brewing is striving to become the leading producer of wild fermented beer in the southeastern United States.
- D9 Brewing was awarded a gold medal for its Systema Naturae 2nd Edition – Scuppernong & Lily wild sour ale at the 2016 Great American Beer Festival.
Neuse River Brewing Company
Location: Raleigh, NC
Neuse River Brewing Co. focuses on Belgian ales and IPAs although we enjoy experimenting with contemporary styles and bridging the gap between the two.
Beers at NRBC are easy to drink, inspired by current trends and offer a wide variety to ensure all guests are able to find something they enjoy.
At Neuse River Brewing we pride ourselves in our passion for people and beer. The customer experience is always at the forefront, from the moment you walk into the Taproom and take your first sip to the behind the scenes that are meticulously cared for. All aspects of the brewery have been carefully thought out to ensure your time with us is enjoyable and comfortable. Three people in particular are at the helm of this concept and work tirelessly to ensure it, Nathan Gastol, Brew Master, Ryan Kolarov, President + Founder, Jennifer Kolarov, COO + Founder.
NoDa Brewing Co.
Location: Charlotte, NC
- A Homegrown Charlotte brew house located in the city’s most bohemian and artistic neighborhood- NoDa, named after North Davidson Street.
- Every Tuesday, NoDa rolls out new beer for their NoDable Series. They have and never will make the same beer twice.
- Known for Hop, Drop ‘n Roll IPA, which won the 2014 World Beer Cup Gold Award.
- NoDa has 4 Brew Dogs on staff—Marley, Dakota, Leland, and Grizzly